Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Techno Prairie Menu Plan Monday

Today I'm linking up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday

Menu planning is an essential tool for busy moms. By planning the week's meals on Sunday evening, I don't have those midweek moments when I panic and think "Oh no! What's for dinner?!" I can also plan around work and activities and figure out what I need to pick up at the grocery store.

This week my meal plans are about using up some things I found stashed in my kitchen. I'm still finding some pre-packaged foods and foods in plastic containers (remind me to tell you some day why I hate plastic). I'm also preparing for a big grocery shopping trip in a couple of weeks to fill the freezer, so I want as much as possible cleaned out so I can defrost it before the trip. With all that said, this week's menu may be more "techno" than "prairie" thanks to those modern foods, but waste not, want not!

Since Prairie Dad works during the week, he takes his breakfast and lunch with him and Prairie Girl and I pick whatever we want from our lists. I work at night, so I have dinners prepared early and take mine and PD and PG eat theirs at home. Since this is my first meal plan on this blog, I have no photos, but as I cook up some dishes, I'll post recipes and photos. Enjoy!

Breakfasts
CranBran VitaTops
Even "healthy" pre-packaged foods don't have a place
in my kitchen anymore. I don't need the plastic waste
or added unnecessary ingredients.
Oatmeal
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Milk
Coffee

Lunches
Leftovers
Salad
Peanut butter sandwiches
Yogurt
Apples
Canned peaches
Juice

Dinners
Monday:
Hamburger patties
Baked potatoes
Broccoli

Tuesday:
Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Rice
(Made with the yellow rice and organic cream of chicken I found in the pantry)

Wednesday:
Mini BBQ turkey meatloaves
Maple green beans

Thursday:
Crockpot roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots

Friday:
Baked white cod fish
Quinoa black bean salad

Saturday:
Whole roasted chicken
Mashed potatoes
Whole kernel corn

Sunday:
Hubby's choice from a restaurant

Snacks
Cereal
Cheese
Frozen fruit
Crackers

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday. It looks like you eat very similar to my family. I'll be taking a look around! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by! I'm in a very transitional place with my menu planning right now, so watch for better things to come!

      Delete